Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A Letter to Senator Dianne Feinstein

Dear Senator Feinstein,

Thank you for standing up to the people out there that are trying to exploit the national excitement of the election and the inauguration of Barack Obama. I applaud your efforts to make it a federal crime to scalp inauguration tickets, and I am very hopeful that you will succeed. This is an event that is so meaningful and joyous for so many people and the illicit sale of tickets for this event sadly diminishes it. I think the media needs to make more of an issue out of this so that people are not falsely led to believe that you have to purchase tickets to attend the swearing-in ceremony. I have contacted Senator Webb to express my interest for tickets and I wish that more people, not just in Virginia, but around the country were aware of the fact that this is how you should go about obtaining tickets to this event. I also think that the media needs to emphasize that attendance to the inaugural parade is open to all and is not ticketed. Thank you very much for your time and I am certain that the people of California are proud to have you as one of their senators, just as I am that Jim Webb, and now Mark Warner are mine. Thank you again and best of luck.

Sincerely,

David Donaldson

No comments:

Post a Comment